Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday

I had my local atc trade today - our numbers were small this month so I came home with 10 of my cards. Please leave me a comment if you would like one and I'll send it off to you:) Be sure to leave your email in the comment if I don't already have it:)


The theme was "Pearl" - I started with a quote, which I love to do. The background is old ledger paper and the flower is origami, layered on paper from an old book. I love this font too - classic old typewriter. I have no idea where I found it though.

Miss S and I had lunch with Moki, her sister and their kiddos. It was rowdy, but totally fun:)

AND my handsome brother, Shay, called me yesterday and said he and his family might be moving to Albuquerque!! YEAH!!! I went and looked at a rental house today for them. He should know by the end of next week or so if and when they are coming. It has been almost 13 years since we've had any family in New Mexico and I would be so thrilled if they moved here.

Finally, THE letter arrived today:( Thanks, but no thanks, from the law firm I interviewed with. I'm okay though....interviews are such a good learning experience and it just may open a door in the future. I wanted to share one of the questions I was asked during the interview - If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who would it be. I answered Paul McCartney, Jesus Christ and John Steinbeck:) Just thought I'd share that with you:):)

9 comments:

Ryalin said...

Hey sista,
I'd love one of your cards.
Love you
ME

Danielle Dyball said...

Ohh, I would love one. I just made my first ATC cards yesterday... I would love to swap. I will get it in the mail Monday.

ALL of my family is in California with us. I couldn't imagine them not being in my life everyday. Good Luck!!

jess said...

Raesha, I love that quote! I would love a card if you still have some. I noticed reading through your blog that you get involved in so many different kinds of swaps. I don't know how you find them all, but it sure leaves you with some great stuff, not to mention the amazing things that you make!

Monique said...

I totally forgot to ask how your swap went. Thanks for spendig the day with me!

Jodi Ohl said...

Wow--what a question for an interview! I'm sure there is something psychological behind it, but is it appropriate for an interview? Love your answers though. I'm sorry you didn't get the position, but you are right, interviews are learning experiences and you will in a better position for the right one when it comes along. The only advice I can give you on interviews (from a hiring manager perspective..which you probably already know but here goes anyway), be very positive, engaging and energetic; and come armed with SPECIFIC examples of what you have done that has made a difference in your career. I've interviewed so many people that only tell me what they MIGHT do in a situation, what they PROBABLY would do, what they GENERALLY do, what they TYPICALLY do...that you never get to the crux of what contributions they have made in an organization.

I've never had an ATC but you've already sent me way more than my share so I will save this trade for someone else :)

lucy

SoDak Angel said...

Wow, you are so talented!

Me and Him said...

That quote is great, I'd not heard it before. I'd love one of your cards.

What an interesting question. I'd choose Dawn Fraser, Jerry Orbach and Ellen Degeneres. Don't know what that says about me!

Mama Said Sew said...

Great ATCs! I'd love to have one for my inspiration board.

Sorry you didn't get the job, but interviewing is always a good. It keeps you sharp and gets your name out there.

Anonymous said...

hi raesha,

it's their loss not yours, okay? & you got to sharpen your interviewing skills!

cool cards too!

fingers crossed about having your bro live nearby...

xo mary ann