Monday, April 02, 2007

Stars and Stripes Forever

Miss S's kindergarten class stamped this flag with their cute little hands as their entry for the schools Arts and Auction night. It is so precious!! I added the borders and binding and did just a tad bit of quilting on it. It really didn't need any at all - it's just about the width of the top of my queen size bed and it is going to make a gorgeous wall hanging. The kids made it in honor of Uncle Ian and all others serving or that have served in our military. I hope it raises a gazillion dollars for the school. Uncle Ian is sending a picture of him in uniform standing next to a flag to display with the quilt.

7 comments:

Monique said...

oh yay! That is so cool! I hope it raises a zillion gazillion dollars! ;)

Anonymous said...

That is the SWEETEST thing ever! I love it - what a great idea! I'm sure it will bring in big bucks!

African Kelli said...

WONDERFUL! I am so proud of them. And your brother!

Me and Him said...

That's awesome. I hope it raises much moola too.

em said...

I love it. What a precious and pure hearted gift.

Jodi Ohl said...

Love the wall hanging, that is such a great idea! I hope you all make a ton for your auction :)

Unknown said...

You know, it's not polite to make me cry when my roommate's in the room!

-Uncle Ian