Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lazy Sunday Part 2

And here's my second scrappy log cabin block. I used only scraps that had red or pink in them and it gives it a completely different look. I'll probably rotate making the complete random ones and the planned ones. I'm hoping to make these into pincushions (each finished square is about 6 inches square)


And Mary Ann!!! Spoiler alert (read no further if you want to be surprised:))

I finally finished her fabric challenge projects and these really were a challenge. I had NO idea what I wanted to do with this fabric - it's a white stretchy type fabric with really faded flowers on it. I added the stripes of the floral fabric and ended up making a wall hanging organizer (each white trimmed pocket is divided into three sections), a little pillow and a pouch. I really like how the organizer turned out. I used bias tape to edge it all to add a little color to it. So Mary Ann, I hope to get this in the mail to you this week:)

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the idea of using those squares as pin cushions! I don't think I've seen those before.

I also think you did a great job with the fabric challenge (what a neat idea, by the way). I'm sure Mary Ann will love it.

Monique said...

geez! You were BUSY! I made caramel popcorn...and ate it...yeah that's about all I did today LOL.
I think I might need to use up my scrap bin, these are so cute! (Hey! host a log cabin quilt square swap!!!)

Roxanne said...

Love your scrappy log cabins! That is a great idea to make these into pin cushions. Mary Ann is going to love her fabric challenge project! Who can't use more stuff to get organized!

Vallen said...

That is a beautiful project you made for MAA. She will love it!

hannah said...

I love your log cabin block, this red one is my favourite, great colours! what a nice way to sepnd sunday afternoon.

carrster said...

nice work!! Love it!

I may have to pull out the log cabin idea myself one of these days...the "scraps" are accumulating quickly!

em said...

You make my lazy Sundays look comatose in comparison :)

Both the log cabin block and the hanging organizer are wonderful! I bet Mary Ann will love the organizer :)

Jodi Ohl said...

Lazy smazy!! You are far from it!!

Your challenge project is wonderful, Mary Ann is going to love it. :)

lucy