Monday, May 05, 2008

Spreading the Love

Last weekend was the Rio Rancho Artists Studio Tour - about 35 artists had their studios open to the public. Miss S and I went to visit three of my good friends that had their studios open.

From Paula I bought these AWESOME prints.....I love them so much! Paula just radiates beauty and love and I just adore her. And she's a ballerina...and she's reinspired my love of ballet and I hope to maybe take a class this summer - it will be my first time dancing in almost 18 years. Paula's studio is literally the size of my house. I wanted to move in.

From the lovely Donna I bought this little altered cloth quilt. It's hanging above my sewing machine with a couple other mini quilts. Donna dyes and alters her own fabric - there is even some gold stamping on this little gem which is really hard to see in the photo. Donna makes the most amazing fabric items, quilts and also charms - I have several of her soldered charms as well. She always inspires me to try something new and she always has a big smile:)

I bought this handcarved gourd from my friend Lisa. It's the most beautiful shade of olive green and looks beautiful in our living room. Not TOO southwestern, but just a touch:) Lisa's hubby and my hubby play hockey together and after several seasons we made a connection and realized we are both artists. It just clicked after that:) Lisa also has three gorgeous wolf/dogs that I think have more wolf blood than dog blood. They are humongous and the most sweet, gentle giants.

2 comments:

rohanknitter said...

What beautiful works of art - I especially love the photographs.

Raine K said...

Oooh, love all the goodies you bought! That weekend totally got away from me - I had wanted to go see Paula and Donna - oh well, next year. I can't wait to share my ATCs - they're totally silly!