Thursday, May 29, 2008

Goodbyes

A dear friend passed away on Monday. I worked with Julian for several years at the law office. I'll be able to go to the funeral along with several co-workers tomorrow morning to bid our farewells. My heart has been heavy this week and I was so sad to hear of Julian's death. That's him in the disco suit from Halloween a couple years ago. Julian was such a character - a sweet kid with a huge heart and a kind word for everyone.

CONCHAS LAKE STATE PARK— Authorities have recovered the body of a 25-year-old Albuquerque man who died at Conchas Lake. State Police Sgt. Andrew Tingwall said Julian Sanchez and friends were diving from cliffs at Conchas Lake State Park when Sanchez did not resurface Sunday, May 25, 2008. Emergency crews were contacted around 4:30 p.m., and Sanchez's body was found about midnight, Tingwall said. He said no cause of death has been determined. Conchas Lake is about 35 miles northwest of Tucumcari.

SANCHEZ --
Julian Vincent Sanchez age 25, preceded in death by his grandfather, Severo Barela. He is survived by his father Frank Sanchez, his mother Victoria Barela and Stepfather Steve Brcic, his sister Rachel Sanchez and her fiance Aaron Park. His niece and nephew Camille and Cameron Medina. Maternal grandmother Eloisa Barela and paternal grandparents Francisco and Viola Sanchez. Aunts and uncles Don Sanchez, Patricia Poston, Carmen and Ray Coughenour. Cousins John and Jimmy Poston Elin Ferch and Mary Poston, Jason , Joel and Jeff Beiswanger. Honorary pallbearers, Jason Joel and Jeff Beiswanger, Chris Red, Rico Marcelli Dominic Talley, Oscar Paredes, Brian Casaus, Mike Mahoric, Justin Kimbro, Leon Howard. He loved life and was blessed with many many friends too many to name. A visitation will be held on Thursday night May 29 at 7:00p.m. Palm Chapel 1100 Coal Ave,. SE. A Funeral Mass will follow at Holy Ghost Catholic Church, on Friday morning at 11:00 a.m.

Goodbye Julian....you will be sorely missed and never forgotten.

9 comments:

Danielle Dyball said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It always seems so much more tragic when people die so young. I hope your heart heals quickly and you always remember the best of Julian. *HUGS*

Monique said...

oh sweetheart! I am so sorry. xoxo

LauraJ said...

oh dear how sad and utterly tragic! he was so young!
Big big hugs for you~

Anonymous said...

Oh Raesha, I am so sorry for you loss. No words, just a ton of hugs. xoxoxoxoxo-m

rohanknitter said...

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss - such a young man. : (

Jan said...

I'm so sorry to read this. Such a true waste.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

How tragic...I'm so sorry to hear your news. Will be thinking of you. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry sweetie.
all my love.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hello,
My heart goes out to you an your family, which includes my old friend Steve Brcic who I was looking for in Facebook when I ran across this article. Steve, I hope you are well and you and your wife can somehow heal from this. My prayers and thoughts go out to you. Liz (Lunney) Gartland