Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Recipe #3

This one comes to us from Sweet Lucy of Sweet Repeats

This is a great side dish--perfect for Thanksgiving:

Lucy's Creamy Corn

2-3 pounds of frozen corn
8 oz pkg. cream cheese cubed
1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
2-3 TBS sugar or honey
2-3 TBS water (optional)(I use milk)

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.Cover. Cook on low setting 4 hours. Tastes like buttered corn on the cob.

Thanks Lucy! How did you know that corn is my all time favorite vegetable??

3 comments:

Diane said...

I'll have to try the creamy corn recipe. My husband is from Nebraska and he will appreciate it.

Vallen said...

I am definitely giving this a try.

Jodi Ohl said...

I feel like I've been published!! Whooo hooo :) LOL

This is easy to make in the microwave too if you want to cut down the recipe.What I generally do is make the amount of corn you want as a side dish (for 2 or 3); cook that with butter and salt and pepper, then after it's cooked stir in a few tablespoons of cream cheese, microwave for another minute, then add milk & sugar and stir everything again until there is no more cream cheese lumps.

Easy peezy. I wish I measured more to give you exact measurements of the pared down version :)

lucy