Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Grade!!

My baby started first grade this last week and I didn't even post about it!! BUT I did take pictures:)
Here's a couple shots from our walk to the bus stop....
Sporting her new High School Musical backpack...

Showing off the outfit she picked out:)...

and her new little bob haircut courtesy of my sweet sister in law:)...

We got to the bus stop nice and early where we waited, and waited, and waited....finally 5 minutes before school started one of the other moms loaded all the kids into her minvan and took them to school. The bus NEVER came that morning!! Who knows that happened - the bus company said they were not aware of any problems - it was the same driver and the same route as last year. And we've had no problems since then. Miss S's teacher seems really nice and Miss S was so excited to have a couple friends from Campfire and from her Kindergarten class and from church in her class this year.

Even though it got off to a weird start, I think it's going to be a great year!!

6 comments:

Danielle Dyball said...

First grade, how exciting. My oldest would be starting kindergarten this year... but we're homeschooling.

Love the cute hair & backpack... did you guys watch High School Musical 2 this weekend... my girls loved it. I thought the first one was better:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting, First grade, what a big step. Love her outfit, hair and of course the bag.
Let us know how her week went.
Nice teacher?
I find it funny starting a new year half way through the year.
Our new school year starts in February after our summer holidays so I suppose it's the same.

LJ said...

she's rockin the bob and the backpack! go Miss S!!

catherine (fairchild) calhoun said...

i thought my girl's american girl backpack was awesome, that one is even cooler!

Lainey-Paney said...

How exciting! First grade!

Great job on the cute outfit!

Can't believe that about the bus driver though. That's bizarro.

Me and Him said...

How exciting. I don't remember my first day of school, but my mum tells me I was over excited and couldn't wait to start, and wanted her to leave, now!