Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sewing Love

I spent the better part of Sunday working on two dresses - one for my sweet Miss S and one for her niece...I'm making the one pictured in yellow here.


I have the tops done and just have to do the skirt. The purple one is for Miss S and the white is my niece. The fabric is a beautiful satin with silver sparkles which don't show up here. I'm really excited at how nice they are turning out so far. My niece has requested a matching wrap and crown for both of them though I don't know if I'll have time for that:) They both have to be done by next Tuesday when Miss S and I leave for San Diego for a few days. I can't wait. I really need a vacation and to spend some time with my family. My mom, Granny, Dad and Stepmom and my sister's family will all be there:) I have plans to hit Ikea and the San Diego zoo. Does anyone know if there are any Japanese book stores in San Diego? I need to do a little research on that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see them done.

Vallen said...

I used to have such fun sewing dresses for my girls. I know they'll be gorgeous. Have fun in our golden but very wet state.

carrster said...

Ah so sweet. I am looking forward to seeing the dresses being modeled! :) Nice job!!

Roxanne said...

Oh my gosh, those are going to be adorable! You are one ambitious lady!!

em said...

Your little poppin is going to feel like a fairy princess in that dress.

Safe travel!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet to make thoses dresses! My Mom made dresses for me, my two sisters and our cousin when we were little and we all felt like princesses! That brings back such good memories! Thanks for sharing!

Roxanne said...

Received your CAOK today - thanks so much! You definitely brightened my day. I'll be passing on the kindness, thanks to you. Have a great day!!