Monday, January 22, 2007

Creativity strikes!!

You may recall that one of my goals for this year was to create an altered book. I've participated in now two "tip-in" swaps on Swap-Bot, where you create a page that will then be pasted into your altered book. The first one's theme was "red" and the most recent theme was "green" - here's my green page - I am quite happy with it:)

I thought this was hilarious - after hearing it on the radio yesterday, Miss S walked around all day singing Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent. Please don't tell her what the rest of the lyrics are until she is at least 30:) They even make me blush:) (which actually is not hard to do at all)

Let's see, I had a fabulous lunchtime run today to Thrift Town. Here's the goodies I bought for $19.09. Yes, you do see more zippers. I am hopelessly addicted to those things:)

That big black blob in the corner is a pair of boots for Miss S, a bunch of Little Golden books for a craft project I have in mind:) , MS Food, a vintage gloves and mittens pattern book (hiding under the zippers)

An organdy apron for only .99!, two vintage patterns and a little pink pitcher - just right for a swap package I am working on :)

I actually made time to sew this weekend!! I finished 8 tissue holders, 8 coasters, two document duvets from In Stitches, and started on the baby quilt for my sister in law. Pictures of all coming soon - the light in the office at 11pm is horrible:) I also made some atcs and my green tip-in pages. It was so nice to have some time to be creative: )

3 comments:

Happy Zombie said...

OMG... now I've got Cat Scratch Fever stuck in MY head!

Yesterday on Adam Carolla they were talking about songs (of some sort, I forget). Anyhoo, they played a snippet of "Seasons in the Sun". GREAT... now it's stuck in my head AGAIN!

Did you get snow?

Anonymous said...

Wow... that's a lot of projects all at once!

Marilyn in NM said...

Looks like a great haul from Thrift Town. You'll have to give me the address so I can check it out when I come down to Albq.

I'm a sucker for old patterns, pattern books, and sewing notions, too.
Keep those creative juices flowing!