And boy is it delicious! My little zucchini plants are going to town and we are enjoying lots and lots of garden fresh zucchini this summer. We grilled some up with dinner last night - here's the recipe. It's definitely a keeper - the only thing we did different is we cooked the zucchini on foil and we added a little bit of salt and pepper. Yum yum yum.
GRILLED GARLIC PARMESAN ZUCCHINI
- 3 zucchini
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Cut the zucchini in half crosswise, then slice each half into 3 slices lengthwise, making 6 slices per zucchini.
- Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a bowl, and spread the mixture on both sides of each zucchini slice. Sprinkle one side of each slice with Parmesan cheese, and place the slices, cheese sides up, crosswise on the preheated grill to keep them from falling through.
- Grill the zucchini until the cheese has melted and the slices are cooked through and show grill marks, about 8 minutes.