Saturday, September 12, 2009

9/11 Thoughts on 9/12

Holy cripes this picture is blurry. I really wanted to post yesterday but the day just got away from me and I couldn't get my thoughts organized to decide what I wanted to say. I knew I wanted to post about this picture - it's of me and my dad in NYC in the fall of 1991 - almost ten years to the day prior to 9/11....with the beautiful twin towers in the background. A gaping hole now sits where those beautiful buildings used to be....so many lives and families and relationships now dead and gone. It makes me still so sad to think about it. It made me even sadder that I was the only person I saw yesterday wearing any sort of patriotic tshirt. A country in turmoil since that day....sending sons and husbands, fathers and brothers off to war....it makes me so so sad. A lofty goal....ridding the world of terrorism....bringing some much needed peace. A goal that may or may not be realized in my lifetime or even in Miss S's lifetime. So what to do? For me it's to continue on in my own little way making my own little contribution to bringing love and happiness to those around me with a smile, with a kind word...and those far away with projects like IBOL and Craft Hope. And truly....that brings me love and happiness in return. What more could I ask?

Twin towers

1 comment:

happy zombie said...

I couldn't agree with you more about contributing, and I love that we're both IBOL and Craft Hope happy. Oh, and our Mother's Day project too.

Giving and doing is great, but when you stand along side a friend and do it together... it's all the better.

So what's next my friend? Should we tackle Quilts of Valor next? I'm ready to dive in, but their website confuses me.

DARN YOU FOR LIVING SO FAR AWAY! xoxoxom