Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Very Late Weekend Recap

FYI - my mail FINALLY came on Saturday at 5:45 pm! Isn't that crazy? It was worth the wait though cause my mailbox has literally been overflowing the last couple days with packages of tags from my swap participants. WOW!! I can't wait to take pictures of all the tags together and show off the creations by a talented bunch of sweet ladies:)

This weekend was nice and low key. Hubby and I were invited to a Murder Mystery Dinner on Saturday night with several dear friends. This was our first time attending something like this and we had an awesome time! Even Hubby enjoyed himself and he can be quite antisocial sometimes since he works retail:) Hubby's character was a gunslinger and mine was the town madam:) I thought our costumes turned out awesome:)



I love that I'm the chubbiest girl here and the ONLY one that's not pregnant!!! Thanks to awesome Moki for the great pictures:) I've been wearing my hair curly the last two weeks - what do you think? My friend's husband said I look "sassy" - I guess that's better than frumpy:)

15 comments:

Jodi Ohl said...

Love the pictures! You, DH, and friends look likeyou had a blast! ;) You do make for a very sassy madam! I like your hair curly-I've been wearing mine au'natural as well lately. It's too humid here to keep straightening it now that the weather has turned warmer.

My tags should be there to you tomorrow at the latest-they were sent on Monday :) Thanks for being the hosting such a creative swap :)

lucy

Montreal Mama said...

That looks like fun! I wish I had friends into that!

Monique said...

and I love how I LOOK like I'm actually 9 months prego in the pic!!! pshaw on the chub ;) love you!

Anonymous said...

i love it curly!!

MéLisa said...

You guys look great! Sounds like it was a fun time. I think that your hair looks great curly too.

Stephanie said...

What a fun looking party (and pics!)! I went to a theme party last year and had a blast.

Your hair looks great. :)

Very Mary said...

You make one hot madam, ma'am. So where did you hide your pistola?

Anonymous said...

You have terrific curly hair! Don't fight it. :)

Vallen said...

You, sweet girl, look adorable; the hair is perfect and yes, sassy is the word!!

Tori :) said...

How fun! I've always thought that would be such a neat thing to do with friends!
Great pics! Thank you for the birthday card. ;)

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I only want to attend a costume party if I can dress like the Kool-Aid guy or the Michelin Man to hide my belly roll. Oh, alright, belly rollsssss.

Thank you for my delightful birthday card. I've really enjoyed getting unexpected correspondence the past few weeks. Now I just need to set aside a chunk of time to catch up on my Good Mail Girl reciprocal duties!

Anonymous said...

I love your curly hair! And you look great in your costume. What a fun evening.

carrster said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I really like your curly hair. I've been leaving my curly lately too - it's fun & summery! :)

Marilyn in NM said...

This looks like so much fun! I'd love to hear details of how you go about doing this.
And I love your hair curly!
Marilyn in NM

dragonflydreamer said...

That is one of the things on my list of things to do in life. I have seen the boxed murder mystery dinner games with different themes, the murder mystery dinner theaters and the murder mystery train trips. How exciting to hear about your adventure. I am hoping to do this for my birthday next year.