Friday, June 16, 2006

Finally Friday!

I think this needs to be my new theme song...It's Finally Friday and I'm Tired as Hell!!! Sounds like a country song. It seemed like 5:00 would never get here today! We had a baby shower at work from 4-5 for our recptionist who is due any minute. That was fun and a nice way to end the day. She's having a boy so her cake was blue, not just the icing but the actual cake part was blue, too. Pretty weird but good.

I cried on the way home as I started thinking about my brother, who is deploying to Iraq in August. That put me in a funk, but I did manage to stop for a quick Goodwill look and boy am I glad I did. I have been wanting glass coasters for YEARS and I found not only one set but TWO sets today! One was the color of the day so that was even better! I found a cool Martha Stewart book on organizing - did I mention I love to organize? Lately I've just been buying books on organizing:) I also found a vintage copy of the Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck. Not too shabby!

Only three days until my birthday on the 19th...here comes the big 34! We're planning on going out on Sunday night to celebrate so if you know of any good places in the Albuquerque area let me know - I'm up for trying someplace new and not the same old same old.

I found an AWESOME site that is becoming one of "my loves" - it is www.swap-bot.com - check it out and sign up for some of the swaps. I am currently signed up for four of them. I love to swap too:)

No comments: