Monday, November 07, 2011

NaBloPoMo #7

Daily Prompt: Making family time is important to me. How do you balance your children, relationship, and work life?

I struggle with this constantly. As a full time working mother there are many days when Hubby and Miss S take a back seat, or I have a stressful day at work and they have to listen to me gripe. With Hubby still in school full time AND working full time that just adds an additional dimension to stressful days. We spend most of our time catching up with each other on the weekends. For example, this weekend Hubby had a class group meeting ALL day on Saturday. But as soon as he got home we went out for date night. Then Sunday I stayed home from church just to spend the day with him. Miss S and I spend a lot of time together and I really try to make sure that some of that time is "fun" time for us. During each school year we try to develop a couple rituals that are just for the two of us. This semester it's McDonald's Thursdays. Hubby has class until 9:30 p.m. on Thursday night so after I pick her up from her after school program we drive through McDonald's for $1.49 Happy Meals and head home to watch a movie and eat together.

No comments: