Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Week of Gratitude: Tuesday

Today I am grateful for music.....which fills in my life in many different capacities. Whether it's playing the organ for Sacrament meeting, playing the piano for musical numbers, singing in musical numbers, listening to music on the radio.....I literally do not go a day without listening to several hours worth of some form of music.

Exodus 15:2 tells us the Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation; he is my God and I will prepare him an in habitation; my father's God and I exalt him.

In Doctrine & Covenants 25:12 it reads For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.

Be grateful for the music that you can make and strive to surround yourself with good uplifting music. Personally I think the best uplifting music is the Beatles. I'll be sure to ask Jesus if he's a Beatles or a Stones man when I meet him:)

No comments: