Friday, March 13, 2009

A Recipe

Sweet Lauren asked, actually begged, for the recipe for the rolls I made a few weeks ago. I found the recipe at one of my absolute favorite websites - Everyday Food Storage

Naomi’s Rolls

1/2 C. Sugar
1 Extra-Large Egg (OR 2 T. Dry Egg Powder + 1/4 C. Water)
1 T. Shortening
1 C. Milk (OR 3 T. Dry Powdered Milk + 1 C. Water)
1 t. Salt
4 1/2-5 C. Flour (enough to make a sticky dough)
1 pkg yeast (2 1/2 t. yeast), softened in 1/2 C. lukewarm water

Beat sugar and egg. Scald milk; cool (SEE NOTE BELOW). Then add to sugar and egg. Stir in shortening, yeast, salt, flour. Let rise about 2-2 1/2 hours. Shape, cut, rise again about 1/2-1 hour. bake at 400, about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 16 good sized rolls. You may want to double the recipe, as these rolls disappear fast!

**NOTE - One of the greatest things about using powdered milk in recipes is that you don’t have to scald it! So use powdered milk in any recipe calling for scalded milk with out scalding it!

5 comments:

Lisa W. said...

I will have to make these. Funny, I was just thinking this morning that I need to find a good roll recipe for sandwiches for my children's lunch. Give them regular bread and they might eat there sandwich but give them one on a roll and they will eat it every time. LOL! I don't blame them though I prefer mine on a roll too. LOL!

Lisa W. said...

Oh yes, forgot to tell you that I am in the mini quilt flickr group with you. :-)

lmdesign7

LaurenSmash said...

omg. You are the best. Thank you Thank you! :D

dragonflydreamer said...

I love, love, love yeast rolls and have always shyed away from making them. My Grandma passed about 3 1/2years ago and I haven't had a really good yeast roll since. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am going to make them next weekend.

Anonymous said...

流量王全球網路行銷

關鍵字廣告、網頁設計、廣告軟體設計,客製化軟體開發

http://www.yahoo899.com/