Friday, March 13, 2009

A Recipe

Sweet Lauren asked, actually begged, for the recipe for the rolls I made a few weeks ago. I found the recipe at one of my absolute favorite websites - Everyday Food Storage

Naomi’s Rolls

1/2 C. Sugar
1 Extra-Large Egg (OR 2 T. Dry Egg Powder + 1/4 C. Water)
1 T. Shortening
1 C. Milk (OR 3 T. Dry Powdered Milk + 1 C. Water)
1 t. Salt
4 1/2-5 C. Flour (enough to make a sticky dough)
1 pkg yeast (2 1/2 t. yeast), softened in 1/2 C. lukewarm water

Beat sugar and egg. Scald milk; cool (SEE NOTE BELOW). Then add to sugar and egg. Stir in shortening, yeast, salt, flour. Let rise about 2-2 1/2 hours. Shape, cut, rise again about 1/2-1 hour. bake at 400, about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 16 good sized rolls. You may want to double the recipe, as these rolls disappear fast!

**NOTE - One of the greatest things about using powdered milk in recipes is that you don’t have to scald it! So use powdered milk in any recipe calling for scalded milk with out scalding it!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I will have to make these. Funny, I was just thinking this morning that I need to find a good roll recipe for sandwiches for my children's lunch. Give them regular bread and they might eat there sandwich but give them one on a roll and they will eat it every time. LOL! I don't blame them though I prefer mine on a roll too. LOL!

Lisa said...

Oh yes, forgot to tell you that I am in the mini quilt flickr group with you. :-)

lmdesign7

LaurenSmash said...

omg. You are the best. Thank you Thank you! :D

dragonflydreamer said...

I love, love, love yeast rolls and have always shyed away from making them. My Grandma passed about 3 1/2years ago and I haven't had a really good yeast roll since. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am going to make them next weekend.

Anonymous said...

流量王全球網路行銷

關鍵字廣告、網頁設計、廣告軟體設計,客製化軟體開發

http://www.yahoo899.com/

22 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優