Monday, December 22, 2008

Baking

Hubs requested goodie tins for his team members for Christmas....I don't think I even baked at all last Christmas so I'm pretty rusty. Here's the start of what I've made so far: white chocolate dipped oreos and chocolate fudge. The pretzels and candy canes I bought:)


And these are cooling right now - shortbread cookies sprinkled with red sugar. the second batch will have green sugar sprinkled on them.

I wanted to share my fudge recipe cause it's seriously like the easiest fudge ever. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt three cups chocolate chips and one can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir often. When melted and smooth, remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Spread evenly into an 8x8 pan lined with either tin foil, or wax paper. Cover with foil and cool in the fridge for about 2 hours. Once cool, turn out onto a cutting board (peel off the foil or wax paper) and cut into one inch squares. YUMMERS!!!

I have another fantastic fudge recipe for Double Decker Fudge - the bottom layer is peanut butter fudge and the top layer is chocolate fudge. I'll share that this week:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Rae:
Oh my -- give me a minute to wipe the drool off the keyboard!!
Glad you're home, cooking and celebrating -- now IS NOT the time to be in the PNW. 16" of snow outside, tire chains, baby sister's flight CANCELLED. But, life goes on and Baby Jesus is due and will arrive, snow or not!!
Merry Christmas to your cutie (grad) husband, darling kiddo and to sweet you too.
hugs,
Bonnie