Sunday, April 06, 2008

Stuffed Up Sunday

Grr.....I can hardly breathe....my head is all stuffed up and I feel lousy. Well, not TOO lousy, but lousy enough that I'm still in pajamas. It's been a while since I've had a little show and tell so I'm going to try to catch up on that in the next few posts. And be sure to check back next week cause I have a little swap I'm going to be posting about. SO excited about that:)

I took Miss S to a birthday party on the other side of town yesterday and afterwards we hit the Goodwill Clearance center and the regular Goodwill next door. Miss S had never been to the clearance center with me and she was amazed. We scored these goodies for $3.50.

Hello Kitty purse, flag, Barbie cards, copper "Tea" tin, tin, green Gap hat and two needlepointed roses - these are big - about 18 by 18 and I think I might make them into pillows.

My two best finds from Goodwill - an REI vest for Miss S for $1.04 and a Japanese craft book for $1.99!!! Swoon!!! It's all bags and pouches - some are VERY unusual, like a squid zippered pouch. But I just could not pass it up.

Look at these cute stuffed kitties!


and these cool owl bags.


And sweet Dawn sent me a wonderful package this week - just out of the blue - a "Happy Spring" package. Shells from the ocean, tape measure fabric (I've been lusting after fabric like that) a tape measure and some of her grandmother's crochet hooks - some are so tiny that you must be for crocheting thread. And a beautiful bag just for me:)


With a little pocket inside that says "Emergency art supplies". Thank you so much Dawn, I love it all:)


With the lousy week I had, it was such a treat to come home to something fun in the mailbox almost everyday....I love that about blogging!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Hope you feel better soon. I absolutely love the bag Dawn sent you. That little pocket is the bomb.

We don't have a Goodwill close by, when I have a donation, I drive to San Diego. I think they're the best charity around.

Anonymous said...

What great goodies!! I hope you feel better and that this coming week is a goodie!!