Thursday, July 19, 2007

Family Ties

This week has brought tremendous happiness to my life...oh my, I'm getting teary eyed already. 15 years ago almost exactly - really - it was July of 1992 - my entire family moved from Albuquerque, NM to Ridgecrest, CA leaving me here all alone. I was already dating Hubby, had a good job and was going to the local community college so I chose not to move with my family. Going overnight from a family of 8 to a family of 1 was a huge change for me. I miss my family tremendously. SO....what happened this week??? My brother, Shay, and his family moved back to Albuquerque!! That's him and his wife on the far right, and two of their kiddos in the front of them. They have one more son that wasn't there the day this picture was taken. Miss S is so excited to have real live cousins here in town and I am ecstatic to finally have some of my family back here with me.


The rest of the cuties in this picture with us are my sweet sister Ryalin and her Hubby and three of their 7 kids. Hopefully one day they'll live near us too. Right now they are stationed in 29 Palms, CA and then probably Wichita Falls, TX after that, but who knows after they retire from the Navy.

I haven't done any crafting in days, haven't turned my sewing machine on since Saturday, I'm getting behind in my swaps, but I am lovin my time with Shay and his family:)

6 comments:

Danielle Dyball said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Finland! I'm your Christmas in July swap partner and just wanted to say hi!

Ryalin said...

I'm so jealous! I want to move to Albuquerque. Rachel wants to also.
Love you
Me

Katie Jean said...

how exciting! I miss my family and most of them are still in NY, but I have had 3 cousins move into the area and it is totally the best!

Monique said...

How cool does your SIL look!? I hope she decides to "party" with us ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Shay! That's so wonderful that you now have family so close.