Monday, June 06, 2011

Birthday Wishes

As many of you know, I've worked with the Cub Scouts at church for four years. This year I have the opportunity to attend Wood Badge and I am so excited to be going!!


Wood Badge is a scouting leadership program and the related award for adult leaders in the programs of Scout associations throughout the world. Wood Badge courses aim to make Scouters better leaders by teaching advanced leadership skills, and by creating a bond and committment to the Scout movement.

The main goals of Wood Badge are:


- Recognize the contemporary leadership concepts utilized in the corporate world and leading government organizations that are relevant to Scouting's values.
- Apply the skills one learns from participating as a member of a successful working team.
- View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated, values-based programs that provide age-appropriate activities for youth.
- Revitalize the leader's commitment by sharing in an inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish its mission.

So where do you come in?? Well, my Scout Pack is paying for most of my registration fee, but I will still need to pay some and also update and/or buy a new uniform and camping equipment. June is my birthday month and so I'm asking that instead of any birthday gifts, please make a donation to my Wood Badge Fund. I take cash and checks:) and gift cards to Sportman's Warehouse:):) In return you will have my love and gratitude (well you already have those so you'll get an extra dose of that) and I promise at least one totally goofy picture of me while at Wood Badge!

Thank you so much!!!

No comments: