My brother in law, Rick, gets home from Afghanistan in just a few short weeks.....we can't wait!!! For Tuesday's tutorial I'm going to show you how to craft a welcome home banner for your favorite soldier:) This will be tied on the entrance gate along with lots of other awesome banners my sister is collecting and creating.
1. Buy a twin size sheet at your local thrift store....spend an hour looking at Halloween costume possibilities while you are at it.
2. Find some suitable red, white and blue fabrics in your stash....discover lots of fabric you forgot you had.
3. Iron on some heat and bond to the fabric you selected....decide on the message for your sign...and trace your letters on the paper side of the heat and bond. Be sure to trace out your letters backwards.
4. Amaze your sister with your freehand lettering prowess.
5. Cut out your letters, remove the paper backing and arrange them on the sheet to your heart's desire.
6. Iron in place...try not to get too verklempt with excitement over your soldier's return or you'll burn yourself.
7. Admire your beautiful creation!