Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where the heck....

did the last week go??? I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already.

Miss S and I took off for the holiday weekend and drove to Colorado Springs to visit my brother and his family. Poor Hubby had to stay home and was pretty bummed about that....

Our trip was AWESOME~~~except for the $250.00 speeding ticket I got on the way up there and the dead as a door nail car battery on the way home, which required three jump starts just to get home to Albuquerque, and a $75.00 new battery Tuesday morning. BUT all those hours between the ticket and the battery were SO MUCH FUN!!! Holy cripes we loved it.

Miss S made us a special dessert (monkey bread) on Saturday night....that's her and her crazy cousin Raden....


My gorgeous sis in law Tracy with Miss S...


Me, Miss S and Soldier boy Ian - he deploys for Afghanistan really soon:(

River, Raden and Miss S....River and Raden are so sweet and darling and fun and I totally miss them already!

Saturday I finally got to meet my dear friend Elaine in person!!!! Oh my goodness I love her even more after spending Saturday afternoon with her. We met for lunch at Red Robin - I brought Ian, Tracy and the kids and Elaine brought her grandson. The kids totally hit it off right away....



After lunch Uncle Ian took our kiddos home and Elaine, Tracy and I went to Goodwill and Archivers together - so much fun! The Goodwill we went to rocked and I totally wish we had an Archivers in Albuquerque. What a cool store. I promised to give Tracy and Elaine each other's contact information so they can get together again.

Pile on Uncle Ian time....


Garden of the Gods - SO cool!! I can't wait to spend more time there on our next trip.

3 comments:

Very Mary said...

You went to Goodwill?! I knew you couldn't resist:) *snickers*

Unknown said...

I bet you are so glad to have them so close now!!!! Bummer that Uncle Ian is off again so soon. Poor Tracy and the kids. He gets back, goes to school, gets back, and off again. Keeping them all in my prayers...

em said...

I had such a wonderful time with you and getting to hug you IRL! I just wish it had been longer. :) Next time!

Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up, I can't seem to catch a break in the illness department. :(

Love you!
xoxo