Sunday, November 22, 2009

November 22

Today I am grateful for:
  • A short work week ahead
  • This lesson at church today
  • Sacred music - we sang one of my favorites today:
Be Still, My Soul

Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

  • Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
    To guide the future as he has the past.
    Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
    All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
    Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
    His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

    Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
    When we shall be forever with the Lord,
    When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
    Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
    Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
    All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

1 comment:

happy zombie said...

I have to admit I skimmed on that lesson... but I enjoyed the message. I LOVE the father who asked his children, "And what did you do for someone today". I like that. No. I LOVE that. I'd like to embroider that! Thanks for sharing!