Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Week of Gratitude - Day Three

Today I am thankful for my sense of humor. My ability to laugh long and hard, sometimes inappropriately. Like today when I got a fit of giggles in the middle of the work day. I don't even remember what set me off. Or my being so prepared and making Thanksgiving cards last month....now I have no idea where I put them. Instead of being pissed off I choose to laugh it off and instead focus on the fact that I have my cards ready for NEXT Thanksgiving!!!

Let's share some embarrassing moments so we can all laugh together. Here's TWO of mine - I have far too many than I should.

My friend up the street had just put in new curtains over her sliding glass door. And they puddled so nicely on the floor like was all the rage a few years ago. Well I got myself tangled up in them, fell over, and took the whole curtain, the whole curtain rod and a big chunk of the wall where the rod had been anchored in with me. All in front of about 10 other ladies from church. I already feel like a dork in most of these ladies' presence and this was just the icing on the cake. Thankfully most of them have since moved.

Or how about when I was playing the organ in Sacrament meeting last month and the settings in the organ had been changed without my knowledge. I started playing the Sacrament hymn, hardly any sound came out, I got flustered trying to change the settings and play at the same time, then I lost my place in the hymn. It took three verses for me to finally recover!!!! That was fun. Especially when the organ is on the stand so everyone gets to see my completely red face.

So come on, fess up and share one of your embarrassing or funny stories and we'll share our gratitude for humor together.

4 comments:

Monique said...

oh c'mon, I thought you were doing something fancy on the organ so you KNOW nobody else noticed ;)

How about my 4th grade boyfriend just confronted me this week about the trauma I put him through when I tried to kiss him behind the stage curtain during a Christmas play!

Ryalin said...

Hmm, I do embarassing things all the time but can't think of one. However, I have one for Rick. When driving back after he graduated from school in Texas, we came to the CA border crossing. The guard mentioned 29Palms, some small talk, then he says, "well you guys have a great trip" And Rick responds, "you too". "If you ever go on one" We still crack up about that one.

RobinBirdsNest said...

Too funny!!
OK--- My husband and I were in the Diamond Belle Saloon in Durango ( you know the place Raesha), and I took a sip of my drink thru my straw, well, I missed and the straw went in my nose! But if that wasn't enough, when I pulled back from it, the straw stayed there! I quickly looked around and sure enough- my husband was looking and saw the whole thing! Great! he has teased me about it every since!!

Chad said...

I once sharted right next to my girlfriend. Long story short, I was able to get changed and cleaned up without her knowing.