Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Twenty Years

Well there's nothing like taking a two month blog break and not even posting about our biggest event this summer - Hubby and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on August 21, 2013. TWENTY YEARS. Holy freaking cow that is a long time. I love this man so much and I am so looking forward to the next 20 years.


"You Make It Look So Easy"
by Eric Church

I got a hard head,
I get that from my dad
And I can overreact maybe just a tad
I put up walls to show the world I'm tough
When i don't get my way, I get difficult
But when it comes to lovin' me
Baby you make it look so easy

You're my refuge from the road
A safe place to go
When I'm out here livin' on this ledge
And when I'm circlin' the drain
You keep my crazy sane
And quiet all the voices in my head
I'm probably wrong more than I say
And I'd point that out if you were that way

Yeah I'm hard to love and ever harder to live with
And I know there's days when you just want to up and quit
But when it comes to lovin' me
Baby you make it look so easy

You're my compass when I'm lost
My anchor when I get tossed
And the right way when all I can do is wrong
Sometimes I drink 'til I fall down but your arms save me from the ground
And hold me 'til all the hurt is gone

I got a hard head, I was born that way
And that makes me wrong more than I say
But I thank God you got a hard head too
I guess he must have known you'd need that
To get us through
'Cause when it comes to lovin' me
Baby you make it look so easy
Yeah baby you make it look so easy

4 comments:

carrster said...

Congratulations!! That is fantastic. Hope you had a great time celebrating!

affectioknit said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

~Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Thats great to read about that kind of stuff. Having a relationship for 20 years is a huge accomplishment. I am only in high school but I have been dating a girl for about two years now and I love her a lot! I hope one day we can reach your status of 20 years!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 20 years is a huge accomplishment and you must love him a lot. I am only a highschooler but i have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years now and I love her a lot! I hope one day I can reach your status of 20 years. Have a great day and I hope you had fun celebrating!