Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

We had a great Christmas this year! Christmas Eve we drove down to Socorro to spend the day with my brother and his family and extended family. They had over a foot of snow still!!! The dads took all the kids sledding for a while and had a great time. The womenfolk stayed warm and snug in the house and had fun visiting and finishing up a fabulous turkey dinner. We played games, opened some presents, sang carols and had a grand old time.

Christmas morning we opened presents (Miss S is singing in the front room right now with her new karaoke machine:) and then we went to church for the Christmas program. Both Miss S and I sang with the ward choir this year - that was quite a treat for me because I normally play the piano for the choir. I think this is the first year in at least five or more years where I actually got to sing instead of play. Our friend, Becki, hung out with us Christmas Day - we had a delicious ham dinner and watched Captain America. A highlight of the day was being able to Skype with my Dad and Step mom in Fiji! They are half way around the world and it was amazing to see and talk to them for about 40 minutes with only about a 2 second delay. Technology is unbelievable.

Miss S and I planned on going shopping today but she snoozed the day away until 1:45 pm!!! Holy cow - that girl was making up for the 2 hours of sleep she got on Christmas Eve! I was up this morning for about an hour and then I went back to bed too for a nice little nap. We enjoyed left over Christmas dinner with the missionaries tonight and then made a quick run to Best Buy and Barnes & Noble for some fun stuff.

It was a wonderful long weekend. Now for a short work week this week and another three day weekend! WOOHOO!!!


No comments: