Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yummy Sunday Dinner



I absolutely LOVE enchiladas. I could eat them everyday....and the spicier the better. I tried out a new recipe for Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas last night and they were delicious!!!! And they turn out even better when baked in my vintage pyrex casserole dish.



GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE



3 -4 chicken breasts (or 6 Halves)
1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies (hot or mild, or a small can of each)
1 (10 ounce) package cheddar cheese, grated
1 small onion, diced
oregano
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
12 corn tortillas
16 ounces sour cream



Directions:
1 Place chicken in large saucepan and cover with water.
2 Sprinkle in a handful of oregano,add garlic powder and salt.
3 Boil about 20 minutes and shred from bones.
4 Save broth.
5 Mix soups, sour cream & chiles in large pan.
6 Add only enough broth to slightly thin.
7 Re-season as needed.
8 Simmer on low 15 minutes.
9 Add chicken and diced onion.
10 In casserole dish, arrange 6 Tortillas flat across bottom, spoon in 1/2 the sauce, sprinkle 1/2 the cheese.
11 Repeat- tortillas, sauce and cheese.
12 Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.



Raesha's Modifications - I use two cans of green chile and I use extra cheese - one can NEVER have enough cheese:)



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Made it tonight & all of my picky eaters loved it! Your Pyrex makes me sad though. Pat just dropped my grandmother's Pyrex vintage bowl tonight & broke it. A little piece of my heart broke & got thrown in the trash with the broken pieces. :( loved dinner though!