Friday, August 17, 2012

Easiest Skirt in the World

So we realized at 8:30 on Wednesday night that Miss S only has two pairs of pants for school - both of which she had already worn. I didn't quite realize that nothing else fit her!! Bad Mom. I promised to take her shopping for pants this weekend. I narrowly avoided a complete fashion emergency by letting her pick out some fabric from my stash and whipped her up a little skirt in about 30 minutes. Seriously - the easiest skirt ever. I used 3/4 yard of material - sewed the raw edges together (so it was like a big tube), elastic waist at the top, tried it on her to fit the elastic and to mark the hem, hemmed it up, ironed it and it was good to go!! Crisis averted and she loved it so much she couldn't wait to tell her friends at school that her mom made it:) I want to make her some more cause they look so cute with the polo tops that she has to wear to school.

Easiest Skirt EVER!

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

cute!

~Have a lovely day!

Susan in SC said...

Such a cute girl and skirt!

carrster said...

Adorable! Such a GOOD mom. :)