My darling Cub Scouts and I will be working on a fabulous service project for the next month - we will be collecting Holiday Cards for Heroes for the American Red Cross which will be distributed to military installations, veterans hospitals, and other locations.
There are TWO ways for you to take part in our Holiday Mail for Heroes service project. First - you can collect BLANK holiday cards for us. Second - you can get together with your family and sign holiday cards and then send them to us.
- Ensure that all cards are signed.
- Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
- Only cards are being accepted. Do not send or include letters.
- Do not include email or home addresses on the cards: the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos: these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- Please refrain from choosing cards with glitter or using loose glitter as it can aggravate health issues of ill and injured warriors.
- Each card does not need its own envelope, as envelopes will be removed from all cards before distribution.
We will be collecting cards through NOVEMBER 15, 2012. We have a goal of collecting 250 cards. If you would like to participate please email me privately at raeshadrz at yahoo dot com for my mailing address.